Title - Mr. Jefferson's Magical Maze
Publisher - The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Update Date - 2011
Game Type - Adventure
Game Summary: Players use arrow keys to move their chosen character around, explore the garden maze, and find clues. Animal gatekeepers guard new sections of the maze; walk up to them and answer their riddle from the clues collected. Correct answers allow players to continue through the maze, but the game ends after 3 incorrect answers. There are 6 levels to go through. The garden is modeled after the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg, which was once home to Thomas Jefferson. The gardens are as fancy as the palace, with flowerbeds, a canal, and a boxwood maze big enough to walk in.
Educational Value: Colonial living, historical Williamsburg, important colonial figures and dates
Opinion: Even with all of the clues collected, I still managed to answer questions incorrectly! I think this would be a really fun game for students; I like that they don't have to type in any text, they can just choose a correct answer from the ones they've found, but the key is to pick up all of the clues before answering the riddle. The only negative aspect is that it was frustrating only being able to see a small part of the maze as I moved around.
Image retrieved from http://www.history.org/media/interactive.cfm
No comments:
Post a Comment